Remodeling Old Scars
Since 1994, our main focus at ReJuveness has been the prevention and management of keloid and hypertrophic scars. Throughout the years we have encountered many customers that had scars that our products couldn't correct. Mature and already healed older scars can pose cosmetic concerns, but in most cases silicone is ineffective. Older scars resulting from acne or old surgical scars that are atrophic (depressed) or discolored darker or lighter need to be revised in some manner. The healng process needs to be restimulated so remodeling can occur.
Clinical Scar Revision techniques:
- Surgical scar excision- tension is reduced with new z-plasty incision
- Chemical removal of top layer of skin and resurfacing
- Deep massage and/or taping by physical thearpist or chiroprator
- Laser on surface or deep dermal
- derma needling
ReJuveness Products recommended before or after clinical scar revision:
- ReJuveness Silicone is implantable medical grade sheeting and non-toxic. use after revision Most other brand silicone scar creams and gel sheeting are toxic. This is important because many clinical scar revision proceedures leave a removed or compromised skin surface. The large toxic molecules from other silicone scar brands can enter and form gramolas
- Use Hyper-Heal cream before and after scar revision proceedure will provide all the ingredients for rapid re-epithelialization and scarless healing as well as promote collagenase production , the natural enzyme which removes the old collagen
- Rapid resurfacing is the key
ReJuveness' Hyper-Heal Scar Cream is the solution to raised and discolored scarring. Hyper-Heal cream works to produce more aesthetic results when healing fresh or problem scars raised scarring as well as return skin to its natural skin tone. The 17 gram bottle is the recommended size for healing small to medium sized scars.
Do-it-yourself At Home Scar Revision with ReJuveness
- Hyper-Heal cream -enhance collegenase the enzyme which breaks down the old collagen
- ReJuveness pure silicone sheeting
- ReJuveness tape to remove skin tension and remodel scar
- Scar massage
After revision then ReJuveness silicone sheeting, Hyper-Heal cream and taping techniques can be used to re-epithelialize and insure a good scar finish. Surgical scar revision or procedures such as laser, chemical peels or intralesional steroid injections are all invasive, expensive and can be painful. ReJuveness offers at home procedure of dermal rolling for many reasons.