Tummy Tuck Scar Management
Tummy tuck scars are prevasive and can be a major drawback to this type of surgery. There are several factors to consider in managing this extensive scarring;
- Severity of scarring will depend on the amount of skin removed
- Adipose tissue being removed means removal of the source of important healing elements
- Full tummy tuck will produce more severe scarring than smaller partial tummy tuck
- Skin tension along wound edges will be high and can be counter by many techniques
- First three to six months scarring will appear worse- don't be alarmed
- it will take nine to twelve months before tummy tuch scars will flatten out and lightened
Rejuveness' tape is a hypoallergenic cloth tape designed to be used with silicone sheeting or wherever medical tape is needed.
These large medical grade 6 implantable grade elastomer sheets are the best value for large scar (tummy tucks) management. Because ReJuveness silicone sheeting is reusable and washable, only one sheet is required for the recommended 6 to 12 week treatment period for these long and curved surgical incisions. Rejuvenes is much less expensive over the treatment period compared to silicone gel sheeting products recommending 4 to 6 silicone sheets or silicone creams where many tubes will be required.