Scar Products Application
ReJuveness - Pure Silicone Sheeting
- What is ReJuveness Silicone Sheeting?
- What is ReJuveness Hyper Heal Cream?
- How Do You Apply ReJuveness Hyper Heal Cream?
- How Do You Apply ReJuveness Silicone Sheeting?
- Special Recommendations and Precautions
- Therapy and Prevention of Problem Scarring
ReJuveness silicone sheeting is a noninvasive medical device that reduces unsightly scars without surgery. This soft, durable silicone sheeting is reusable and washable and will not break down or disintegrate. A single sheet can be used for the duration of scar management.
Hyper Heal cream is a combination of recent advancements in lipid and trans dermal technology. Linolecleic acid with within the phytophingisine base that has shown to induce collagenase production, the naturally accruing enzyme that digest and eliminates excess scar tissue. The ingredients in the cream are delivered via a trans-dermal formulation. So instead of just laying on the skins surface, Hyper-Heal cream delivers essential lipids and bio-molecules deep into the skin where they maximize the healing environment as well as being internally positioned in the epidermis to rebuild the compromised strateum corneum which are symptomatic in hyper-prolific scarring. Hyper-Heal may be used by itself or in combination with ReJuveness silicone sheeting.BACK TO TOP
1. Apply ReJuveness directly over your scar using the surgical tape provided or any other preferred method. ReJuveness may be customized by cutting it to the shape of your scar but should overlap the scar area by 1/4".
2. After you wear your ReJuveness sheet simply wash it with a liquid anti-bacterial soap. Your ReJuveness Scar Sheet is ready for its next use.
3. Your ReJuveness silicone scar sheet should be worn every day for a minimum of 8 hours to a maximum of 48 hours a day for best results.
4. While improvement in your scar's appearance may be seen in as little as 3 days, full benefit may take 6 weeks to 9 months.BACK TO TOP
Apply a very small amount and spread evenly over affected area twice a day. Apply Hyper Heal before applying ReJuveness Scar Sheet. .BACK TO TOP
As with any topical device applied directly to the skin's surface, a reaction (usually sweat rash) is possible, though rare.
If you have a reaction, stop using ReJuveness for 24 hours. In most cases, reactions are to the adhesives used in certain tapes; be sure to use the high-quality, hypoallergenic adhesive tape provided in the ReJuveness package.
After 24 hours without product use, wash your scarred area with mild soap and water and dry completely.
Try ReJuveness again for 1 hour the first day, and increase your wearing time 1 hour each day. If you continue to have a problem, stop use and consult a physician or pharmacist.
BACK TO TOP
Keloid and hypertrophic scars have many of the same symptoms as fresh wounds in the early stages of the healing process. Among the similarities between problem scarring and newly formed wounds are redness, swelling, pain, itching, high levels of water evaporation and the over production of collagen. In many ways keloid and hypertrophic scars are like wounds that never fully heal. Clinical studies show the best way to address problem scars is a preventative approach before they have a chance to fully develop.
According to numerous studies, silicone sheeting such as ReJuveness is the only clinically proven preventative measure against problem scarring. We have concluded from these studies that daily treatments with ReJuveness can begin as soon as an itchy red streak develops in a maturing wound. For those with a personal or family history of problem scarring, daily treatments with ReJuveness should be started one week after sutures are removed and wound is closed and dry. (see instructions for use.)
BACK TO TOP